Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 19, 2011

What a Month

Isabelle went to the doctor yesterday for the 7th consecutive week!  She has an ear infection that won't clear up.  These appointments have consisted of a 4 month check-up, ear infection, an allergic reaction to penicillin, a double ear infection, a cough, another ear infection, and follow-ups.  She is on her third round of antibiotics this month.  If this doesn't get rid of the ear infection she will be referred to an ENT.  I imagine she will have tubes put in her ears if she sees an ENT.  Fortunately, I know of a wonderful ENT who has performed two surgeries on me, and I trust him to take care of our daughter. 

On top of her not feeling well Nathan and I have also had our own illnesses.  We have both been on two rounds of antibiotics.  I'm beginning to wonder if these illnesses are partly due to the crud that the tornado stirred up a few months ago. 

On a good note, Nathan and a dear friend are installing hardwood floors in our house this weekend!  I have ordered some new rugs and they should be delivered today!  I plan to paint and redecorate once the weather cools down.

Isabelle has mastered rolling over in every direction!  She is such a strong little baby!  She is practicing sitting up, and has just begun to pull her knees under her belly in an attempt to crawl!  She hasn't figured out that she has to push her body up with her arms at the same time!  She is also beginning to laugh and it is so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment