Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 12, 2010

Excellent Role Models

It was so good to be back at church this past Sunday!  I haven't been in over a month due to going to the lake, surgery and healing.  It was so nice to see friend's I hadn't seen in a while! 

I am feeling 99% better!  I can eat anything I want again; which believe me... I am! 

Nathan and I went to see my grandparents this weekend because my grandpa is dying.  He went home from the hospital a week ago after being in the hospital for a month.  He took a turn for the worse.  His kidneys are shutting down and he refuses to go back to the hospital.  I can't say I blame him.  Hospice has been coming to their house to take care of him.  I was glad I had the opportunity to say good-bye.  The hardest part is watching my grandma deal with this.  She is very sad, tired and stressed.  However, my grandpa is ready and he repeated that several times while I was visiting.  He told my grandma he would be waiting for her in heaven. 

My grandparents have been excellent role models to me as I have grown up.  They always were truly committed to each other.  They are both very hard workers.  Both of them always stressed how important it is to be in church and practicing God's word.  I value these things as much as they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment