Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Catching Up & Laughing

Last night we were invited by our best friends, Rob and Jen to meet halfway between Joplin and Republic for a picnic dinner in the park.  We met in Mt. Vernon and ate Chinese at a small park.  We had so much fun catching up and laughing!  Jen was rubbing, patting and talking to baby "I" most of the night and I loved it!  I thought before I got pregnant I wouldn't like people touching my belly, but I have found that it doesn't bother me at all.  I actually enjoy it! 

After I begged Rob for a few minutes to show us his ape impersonation he insistently refused.  Therefore, I felt led to do it to show Jen what we were talking about since she has always missed Rob doing this on the boat dock.  Nathan was begging me to stop since I'm pregnant and I was wearing a dress.  I explained that the leggings that I was wearing were opaque and besides it was dark outside!  Don't be fooled though, Nathan does a pretty good impersonation of an ape, too!

We agreed that we should meet halfway for dinner more often.  We couldn't ask for better friends and love spending time with them!

2 comments:

  1. I think your ape impression was better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just love you guys AND Baby "I". We are so excited about this journey you two are on!

    And I think your ape impression was pretty good! I loved Nate's reaction to you squating down in a dress...he is too funny!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete