Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Taking a Break

As you may be able to tell, we did not conceive this past month.  My cycle lasted 34 days which seemed like an eternity.  I am anxious to see if it is the same next month.  This past summer/fall my cycle was 28 days for about three months, then it grew a day longer each follwoing month until it was 32 days.  I then was put back on birth control.  I'm a little dissappointed that it has started out at 34 days, but I called the doctor's office to ask them what my options are if my cycle doesn't start next month and I was told I can take medication again to start it.  I am glad to hear this.

I think I tend to have a high tolerance for pain/medication side effects, but clomid was an extremely difficult medicine for me to take.  I asked myself several times during the past month if I wanted to try clomid ever again...and I'm supposed to take it for up to six months!  I felt like I was losing my mind on this medication.  I even griped (and that's stating it nicely) at the manager at Pizza Hut for messing up my order after I had to wait and when I got home I realized the order was perfect.  Oops!  My husband was a real trooper, and supported me every step of the way.

Fortunately, I am going to have my tonsils taken out at then end of June due to repeated infections since I was a young child.  Therefore, we will not be trying to conceive this month.  I have to say I think I will enjoy a break!  No pressure, waiting, or worrying.  I have drank caffine almost everyday since I learned I was not pregnant!  It's the little things in life that make one happy!

On a different note, I am so excited that summer is here!  I love being outdoors gardening, playing with the dogs in the yard, going to the lake, getting some sun, grilling, sweet tea and my absolute favorite: tomatoes!  I love getting up around 5:30 each morning to take the dogs for a walk, and watering all of my flowers and plants in the yard!  I love to watch my hard work pay off!  Who doesn't love that?

No comments:

Post a Comment